Meet Our Staff
Rodney Crow, CGCS
Director of Golf Course Operations
He and his wife, Susan celebrated 20 years of marriage this year. They have two children, a daughter Carson, 15 and son Cameron, 13. Susan is an Interior Designer, and grew up in South Carolina
- University of Georgia Graduate in Agronomy with Turfgrass Management emphasis
- 25 Years of golf course maintenance experience – 17 years as Superintendent
- Managed golf course facilities in 6 states
- Builder of two golf courses
- Certified Golf Course Superintendent – one of only 1600 in the world
- Serves on the National Certification Committee for the Golf Course Superintendent’s Association of America
- Recently served as a regional superintendent for a large golf management company
HEAD GOLF PROFESSIONAL
Born and raised in Augusta, Georgia, David began playing golf at the age of 5. After a successful junior golf and high school career, David accepted a golf scholarship to Georgia Southern University. Highlights during his amateur career included winning the 1981 Georgia State Junior Championship and being selected All-American during his Senior year of high school. He won many other junior and amateur golf tournaments and in 1989 was chosen and sponsored by Golf Digest and Schweppes in the 1989 P.G.A. Tour Qualifying School
After a successful amateur career, David turned professional and played four years alongside future winners on both the PGA and Nike Tours.
In 1988 David began his career in the golf business as an Assistant Golf Professional at Spring Valley Country Club in Columbia, South Carolina. He also served as an Assistant Golf Professional and Playing Professional at The Thornblade Club in Greer, South Carolina and The Windermere Golf Club in Blythewood, South Carolina.
David moved back to his hometown in 1997 and was the Head Golf Professional at North Augusta Country Club for over nine years. While there he also served as Club Manager where he managed a major Golf Course Renovation Project in 2005 that lead to an increase in overall Membership for the club. He then served as Director of Golf at Forest Hills Golf Club where he was instrumental in turning the club around both financially and membership wise. David was elected into the PGA of America for membership in 1994.
Below is a brief listing of David’s professional accomplishments:
- Business School I – 1991
- Business School II (finished in the Top 5% of the class) – 1993
- Business School III – Advanced Professional Training – 1999
- Chosen as “One of Americas Top Golf Instructors” by the Consumers Research Council of America (CRCA) – 2002
- Nominated for the 2002 Jr. Golf Leader Award for the Carolinas PGA Section
- Interviewed by ESPN on Golf World
- Sponsored by Golf Digest and Schweppes in 1989 P.G.A. Tour Qualifying
- Chosen by a panel of experts from Golf Digest to play in the Schweppes/Golf Digest Challenge
- Featured Professional on FINDaLESSON.com website
- Wrote a weekly Golf Tip for the Columbia News-Times Newspaper
David and his wife, Jeanine, will celebrate 29 years of marriage this year. They have one son,
Evan, who played collegiate golf for Mercer University and now resides in Atlanta, Georgia.